In honor of this day that we have claimed our own, I’ve listed 10 things to do to celebrate your love for the city.
- Take a drive around historic parts of the city to appreciate the architecture and aging of some of our most precious gem’s.
- Eat at your favorite Coney Island.
- Sip on a Faygo and snack on some Bettermaid chips.
- Take a drive from 8mile to Belle Isle.
- Say “Whattup Doe” to at least 10 people.
- Wear your Detroit Vs. Everybody hoodie.
- Complain about those dividers in the middle of Livernois while driving down Livernois.
- Go support your local Detroit businesses.
- Argue with someone about the correct way to say “Lahser”.
- Spend time with your favorite Detroiter’s.
Some of these are goofy but number 10 is something that I do as much as possible, it’s important to hear their stories, look at their pictures of neighborhood’s that aren’t around anymore and understand that without them we would be just another boring city in the world. So thanks to the Detroiter’s for holding this city together!